Grow with Us!
Toddler & Parent Forest Program
"These are the moments when the world is made whole. In my children's memories, the adventures we've had together in nature will always exist.”—Richard Louv, author of Last Child in the Woods
Note: per C.D.C. guidelines, masks are now optional in the outdoors.
Learner Led, Teacher Supported
For 18-36 Month Olds & Their Parents (or Caregiver)
Parker’s rich and diverse outdoor environment sets the stage for wonder and curiosity. The program is simple by design. Our teachers let students follow their imagination and have the freedom to explore. Our mixed age groups, ages 18 months to 3 years, give the children — and their parent or caregiver — a chance to learn from each other.
Observe Small Miracles and Spend Time in Nature
There is an intrinsic relationship between children and nature. Children who spend time outside develop confidence, agility, balance, spatial awareness as well as the social and emotional skills of kindness and empathy. Being outside supports skills necessary for later learning.
As children notice and explore the rich and diverse campus through the seasons, small miracles of nature and child-development become apparent to child and adult alike.
“If we want children to flourish, to become truly empowered, let us allow them to love the earth before we ask them to save it”. –David Sobel
Logistics & Dates
The fully outdoor program is based on Parker's progressive philosophy & mission and is simple by design. Led by our lower school science teacher, Leiana Hawkins, children will be allowed to explore woods, streams, and meadows and let their curiosity be our guide. Our routines will include a group gathering time, a short walk to our dedicated outdoor classroom space, and time to explore a variety of ecosystems on campus.
Ages: 18 months to 3 years (able to walk independently over uneven terrain)
Time: 10am to 11:30am
Dates: Fall, Winter, Spring Sessions
- Session 1 September 14, 21,28, October 5,12
- Session 2 October 19, 26, November 2, 9,16
- Session 3 November 23, 30, December 7,14
- Session 4 January 4,11,18,25, February 1
- Session 5 February 8,15, March 1,8,15
- Session 6 March 22,29, April 5,12,26
- Session 7 May 3,10,17,24,31
- Session 1 September 9, 23,30, October 7
- Session 2 October 14,21,28, November 4
- Session 3 November 18, December 2,9,16
- Session 4 January 6,13,20,27,February 3
- Session 5 February 10,17, March 3, 10,17
- Session 6 March 24,31 April 7, 14,28
- Session 7 May 5,12,19,26, June 2
Program Tuition: $150 for each 5 week session ($120 for the 4 week sessions)