The Admission Process
The admission process is designed to enable prospective parents and children to get to know the school, and the school to get to know new families. We work with parents to discover whether Parker School will be the best match for both the child and school.
We are very proud of our school and thrilled to be sharing it with you as you search for the best fit for your child.
From our personalized academic program to our warm community of caring adults and students to our expansive campus, we have a lot to show you. We will walk you through everything, from our educational philosophy to our unique hands on curriculum and the logistics of daily life here at Parker so that you may have a clear picture of the Parker difference. I look forward to getting to know you and your child and guiding you through the admission process outlined below.
Director of Admission
(518) 286-3449 x102
Ready to schedule an admissions call or tour?
PS: Matt was featured in a US News article about what to ask on a school tour... click below for the article!
Want to watch one of our recorded info sessions?
The Admission Process
- The admission process begins with a parent visit and tour. Parents can schedule a personal tour by calling the Admission Office, using our scheduling tool, or submitting an inquiry. There are also several admission events throughout the year, like our January & Spring Info Sessions & Open Houses.
- Interested families then submit an application and application fee.
- The next step is a child visit to the school. Toddlers and PreK- Kindergarten children spend about 30 minutes in a classroom or playground with parents close by. Children in grades 1 through 8 will typically visit for a full school day.
- You will submit a Release of School Records Form to your child’s current school to allow them to directly send us copies of progress reports and school records.
- You will also send an online Recommendation form to your child’s current teacher and he/she will complete it confidentially online. Middle school applicants should submit recommendations from a Math and English Language Arts teacher.
- Once all admission elements are completed (parent visit, application, child visit, records, recommendations), the Admission Committee will consider the application and notify parents of its recommendation.
NOTE: Most of these steps can be completed virtually as needed for international or relocating applicants.